- 90mm magnetic polarizer
- Includes 4 rings 67, 72, (77.82 magnetic)
- Made of high quality aluminum
- Guides for 2 and 3 filters
- Matte finish on all surfaces to avoid flares.
The K9 filter holder is the logical evolution of the K8, offering us improvements over an already very well thought filter holder. The K9 gives us the possibility of working with the 90mm polarizer mounted in addition to 3 filters in an extremely slim body. Square filters (100x100 or 100x150) enter this holder gently with newly designed guides, the filter holder already includes the neoprene gasket being unnecessary for the filters to wear it. The simplicity and ease of assembly make this filter holder a very comfortable and fast alternative, the 90mm polarizer magnetically adheres to the ring that allows it to be rotated at any time of the shot with the square filters on.
WHAT NEWS DOES KASE K9 BRING US?
Thanks to the 90mm polarizer, the K9 filter holder works perfectly with all the most modern angular lenses on the market such as the Sony 16-35 f2.8 GM without any vignetting at any angle of rotation.
_BETTER ACCESS TO THE NEW 90mm POLARIZER
The KASE K9 filter holder introduces two accesses on the sides to easily put and remove the polarizer in the filter holder.
_NEW SLOTS DESIGN
The guides are now a little shorter, this allows us better access to the filters that are in second place, the practical example is when we mount an ND which will be mounted on the first guide closest to the lens and then we mount the gradient , to be able to change the ND without moving the gradient, the guides being shorter allow better access to the filter to be able to change it.
WHAT DIFFERENCE FROM KASE K9 PORTFILTERS FROM OTHER BRANDS?
The magnetic polarizer is mounted on the included rings of 77 and 82 easily, this avoids the cumbersome task of threading the polarizer into the adapter, as in other filter holders of other brands.
_NEW SLOT DESIGN WITH LATERAL PRESSURE
The new guides of the K9 filter holder press the filters on the sides (like when we take them from the bag), thanks to this it gives us the following advantages:
- Smoothness in the insertion of the filters: The filters must be able to be inserted gently in the filter holder to avoid unwanted movements when putting them in it, with the system of the new K9 of lateral support the insertion is smooth.
- No friction in the filters: With this system the filter is not marked and allows to have some filters always as new.
- Use of 99% of the filter: One of the great advantages of this system is the great use of the filter surface, avoiding any vignetting in ultra-angular lenses and making the KASE K9 filter holder compatible with lenses such as the Canon 16-35 f / 2.8 or SONY 16-35 f2.8 GM for Full Frame cameras also thanks to the 90mm diameter of the polarizer.
KASE filter holders also include guides for 1.1mm KASE Wolverine filters that allow working with a very low weight equipment.
The K9 filter holder has the possibility of using magnetic ND filters instead of the polarizer, this allows us to work long exposures quickly even making it possible to work without mounting the guide support if we are not going to use degraded filters.
The magnetic format filters are available ND64 & ND1000.
DOES KASE K9 HAVE VIGNETTING WITH MY ANGULAR LENS?
Thanks to the new design with a 90mm polarizer there is no vignetting with any angular lens, you must always mount the appropriate adapter to the lens directly, not mount on UV filters or other filters since vignetting may appear.
The following lenses have been tested by obtaining 0 vignetting:
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM
- Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 GM
- Tokina AT-X 11-20mm f2.8 Pro DX
- NIKKOR Z 14-30mm f/4 S
THE KASE K9 FILTER HOLDER, WHAT DOES IT INCLUDE?
- K9 aluminum filter holder
- Guides for 2 filters (mounted) and guides for 3 filters
- 90mm round magnetic polarizer (CPL)
- Rings 188.8.131.52
WHY THREADS IS THIS SYSTEM AVAILABLE?
It is possible to use the KASE K9 100mm system in a wide range of lenses using the slim adapters sold in the accessories section.
- 49, 52, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77, 82mm